In a bout of rampant narcissism, I've decided to go ahead and do a personal tag! I'm going to have a go at the Lolita 100!
However, since I can imagine nobody would ever want to read 100 questions all in one go, I'm going to take a note from ABC Lolita and break it up into sections. So stay tuned for the rest!
(1) HNと生年月日、出身を教えて下さい。(Screen-name and DOB, please tell me these~.)
Bowcoveredbunnie, Angelcj, and Bunnyhime, and February 23, 1990. (I'm 23 at time of writing!)
(2) 身長・体重・服のサイズ・靴のサイズは? (height, weight, clothing size and shoe size)
5'4", 130 lbs, Small to medium American, M-L japanese, US 6 and 23.5cm Japanese
(3) ロリィタファッションをするようになったキッカケは? (why did you start to dress lolita?)
I went to Sakuracon one year, and stumbled into the masquerade ball. Everyone there was too shy to dance, but I didn't care. I was too enraptured by a girl in white kid gloves and a cherry-printed dress. So I just asked her if I could dance with her and ask her about her outfit. She explained Lolita to me a little bit, and after that I was so excited I researched it and found things online.
(4) 好きなロリィタのジャンルは? (which style of lolita do you like)
I seem to be mostly inclined toward sweet, but I also love classic and gothic. Someday I'll get a hime-lolita dress.
(5) 上記に対する拘りや､自分なりの定義などあれば、教えて下さい。("If you have your own definition of the above style or some strong opinion of it etc. please state it here.
I love princessy pinks and pastels, loads of bows, and candy/sweets motifs. But for everyday wear, I like looking like an elegant princess.
(6) ピアスは開けていますか? また、いくつあいてますか? (Do you have piercings? Where?)
Just my ears, but I'm considering a septum piercing or maybe snake bites. A tattoo, however, is likely in my future.
(7) 好きなブランドは?(Which brands do you like?)
Angelic Pretty and Baby always make me ooh and aah over the newest patterns, but I also like Victorian Maiden, some things from Bodyline, and the indie brands, like Lady Sloth and The Snow Field.
(8) アナタの一番お気に入りのお洋服はどんな服ですか?(Which are your favourite clothes you wear?)
Actually, mostly my non-Lolita stuff. I save my Lolita dresses for special occasions, since I only have a few.
I'm much more likely to wear a dress, or a top and shorts. I like hime-kaji and decora style for my everyday wear.
Also, Seattlites don't have wardrobes so much as we have coats. So I have a coat for every occasion. I'm sure you'll see most of them eventually. ;D
(9) ロリィタ友達は何人くらい居ますか?(how many lolita friends do you have?)
A bunch! I'm really lucky. I attend a lot of the local Lolita meets, and I've known a core group of girls for a while now. despite the occasional dramu, I wouldn't give up my comm for anything.
(10) ロリィタをした上での一番良かったことは?(What do you love most about lolita?)
Feeling like a princess! I love feeling like everything I do is just another part of my own personal fairytale.
Or even just acting and looking like a regal Victorian lady. It makes me feel so elegant to know I'm cute and dolled up.
Okay, that's enough outta me for now. I'm going to try to go through all of these on weekends. So expect more of these in the weeks to come!